Every year we receive lots of enquiries with questions about bumblebees, that’s why we have added this page of FAQs which contains many of the answers to questions we have been asked in the past!
- I’ve found or disturbed a bumblebee nest, what should I do?
- I think there is a bumblebee nest in my loft/the eaves of my house/in a bird box, what should I do?
I’ve found a bumblebee…
- Should I feed bumblebees sugar-water?
- I’ve found a stranded bumblebee in bad weather, how can I help it?
- I’ve disturbed a hibernating bumblebee, what do I do?
- I’ve found a dead bumblebee, can I find out what happened to it?
- I’ve found dead bumblebees with holes in them, what happened?
Bumblebee behaviour and ecology
- What is the difference between honeybees and bumblebees?
- What is ‘Buzz pollination’?
- Are bumblebees a threat to pets and children?
- Do bumblebees swarm?
Bumblebees and other wildlife