Activities for children ages 4-6
Bumblebees are a source of wonder and inspiration for children.
Our fun and exciting activities designed for young children provide countless opportunities for discovery, play, creativity and problem-solving.
By using these resources, and by interacting with natural environments, children can enjoy learning by doing, and by experimenting with their ideas.
Click on the links below to open the activity sheets as PDFs:
- Introduction to bumblebees
- Honeybees and bumblebees – what’s the difference?
- Why are wildflowers important for bumblebees?
- All about bumblebee nests
- How bees see
- Scotland’s Great Yellow bumblebee