2019 Annual General Meeting (AGM) and Members’ Day
Notice is hereby given that the 13th Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Bumblebee Conservation Trust will be held on Saturday 19 October 2019 at Old Trafford Cricket Ground, Manchester. As in previous years we will be holding the AGM followed by a Members’ Day and would be delighted if you could join us.
The keynote speakers are George Hassall, RHS Young Ambassador and Mark Ferguson, wildlife sound recordist and composer who is recording the sounds of bumblebees for a conservation-driven project called Bumble. There will also be updates from project staff and students, as well as opportunities to purchase memberships and merchandise.
Booking for the event is essential and full details will be added to this page very soon!
Voting will be conducted in advance of the AGM.
MEMBER RESOLUTIONS & VOTING REGULATIONS
• The voting regulations are laid out in full in the BBCT Memorandum and Articles of Association.
• Only fully paid-up members of the Trust are entitled to vote on the resolutions that will be passed at the AGM (Article 16).
• Any organisation that is a member of the Charity may nominate a person to act as their representative at the meeting and will be entitled to one vote (Article 18).
• If you wish to propose a resolution, or the addition of any other business to the Agenda, you must give notice to the Trust by the deadline of 17:00 hrs on Wednesday 7 August 2019.
• All notices must be submitted to email@example.com or in writing to Jen McLean, Senior HR & Governance Officer, Bumblebee Conservation Trust, Beta Centre, Stirling University Innovation Park, Stirling, FK9 4NF.
• Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details or call 01786 594 133.
CASTING YOUR VOTE
Voting will be conducted in advance of the AGM in order for all votes to be verified as correct. This is known as a proxy vote, which means you do not have to attend the AGM to vote. There will be no votes cast on the day of the AGM – the proxy form will direct the Chair how to vote on your behalf against each resolution. Resolutions and voting instructions will be available on this page in due course.